DeskNow allows two different access types to PocketPC devices.
You can use one of them, or both, according to your needs.
POP3 and SyncML (offline access)
- one-click to synchronize appointments, tasks, contacts
with Pocket Outlook and access them even when the device
is not online
- one click to download all your emails, and send the outgoing
- enter new contacts, appointments, tasks on the device
while on the road, and sync back to the server at the end
of the day. Get the changes from the server at the same
- works with both personal and group data
- the synchronization can be either wired (through the cradle)
or wireless (GPRS, WiFi)
- uses the open standard SyncML protocol. Supports SSL encryption
and works through web proxies.
See the online user help for instructions on how to setup your device.
Requires optional DeskNow SyncML Connector license.
May initially require third party SyncML software for PocketPC,
as explained in the online manual. A PocketPC SyncML client
free for DeskNow users will also be available soon.
IMAP (online access)
- access your mail folders with Pocket Outlook, browse the email subjects, download only the emails that you are interested in
- attachments can be downloaded separately from the text
Web interface (online access)
- every functionality of DeskNow Mail and Collaboration
server is accessible using PocketPC through a dedicated
- send and read emails, attachments, etc.
- open, edit and save documents from your Pocket PC device